According to the annals of the Ayurveda (India’s old tradition of medicines), the leaves of the Moringa Tree could treat at least 300 diseases.
Scientific research confirms that these humble leaves are a powerhouse of nutritional value. Gram for gram, Moringa leaves contain: SEVEN times the vitamin C in oranges, FOUR times the Calcium in milk, FOUR times the vitamin A in carrots, TWO times the protein in milk and THREE times the Potassium in bananas.
The Moringa leaf is comparatively an unheard name in spite of the fact that it has been found mentioned more than two thousand years before, and the World Health Organization has been observing and utilizing the tree for more than forty years now as a cheap health supplement in the poverty-stricken countries the world over. There is a reason behind this. The selling of all kinds of health supplements, minerals and vitamins is a lucrative business. No big company would ever take the risk of introducing a name that could potentially harm and lower the sale of all other nutritional items.
Benefits of the Moringa Leaves :
- Increases the Natural Defenses of the body
- Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain.
- Promotes metabolism with bio-available ingredients
- Promotes the Cell structure of the body
- Promotes natural Serum cholesterol.
- Lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Promotes the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.
- Beautifies the skin
- Promotes energy
- Promotes proper digestion
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Takes care of the immune system of the body
- Promotes healthy circulatory system
- It is an anti-inflammatory
- Gives a feeling of general wellness
- Supports the normal sugar levels of the body.
Another property of the Moringa leaf is its soothing ability, because of which it can lower the blood pressure and promotes good sleep. It can also purify water since it has a detoxifying effect. Also a coagulant agent, Moringa can attach itself to hazardous bacteria and other materials, a process that is surmised to occur in the body too. The happy outcome is more sustained energy without any over-activity, balanced hormone and gland system, controlled blood pressure, and a rested nervous system.
Moringa leaves can be consumed fresh, cooked or dried. Since dried Moringa leaves retain their nutrient content, it is possible to convert them into leaf powder. Moringa Leaf Powder is an excellent nutritional supplement and can be added to any dish.