Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

What type of species is this ?

Happened to come across this strange wild flower while I went jungle trekking with my wife on the 05th of February 2012. This is indeed a strange looking plant which I have never seen before.


Strange enough, there is no smell emitted from the centre stem. I heard about its other variety which will emit a strong stench and also will attract a lot of flies.


I was very fortunate to communicate with a Master Gardener who told me that this plant is also known as "Amorphophallus Bulbifer" and this is a variety which can only be found in a tropical jungle. It is said that the flower will bloom and will usually lasted for a week before it died again. If the plant is properly taken, it might grows up to a height of 6 - 7 feet tall.


Seen and photo taken on 05th Feb 2012





**************************
True enough, the flower withered after 07 days (see below).
It was a sad moment when we saw the condition of the flower.
We even went to pay another visit today, soaked in the rain.

Anyway ..... Go and Rest in Peace until you bloom again !!!




No comments: